|Location: Kent, England||Salary: + Benefits|
|Sector: Water & Waste Management||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Adrienne Kettlewell||Job Published: about 1 month ago|
Site Manager - Kent:
Waste Source: Layer Manure
- Technology: Anaerobic digestion in conjunction with CHP and biomethane production
- Electricity Capacity: up to 500KW
- Thermal Energy Capacity: up to 500KW
- Biomethane production capacity up to 6MW
- The site manager will oversee the entire operation of a waste-to-value biogas plant. The site manager will be expected to have strong organisational and managerial skills to meet the process plants' performance targets effectively. The available position is a permanent on-site position in Kent, United Kingdom.
- Position = Site Manager
- Location = At the plant, Kent, United Kingdom
- Engineer with post-graduate practical experience in operation and maintenance appropriate to the class of machinery he is required to supervise.
- WAMITAB COTC4 (Certificate of technical competence) ideally in Biological Waste Treatment
- Excellent safety record ideally NEBOSH or above
- Experience working on an AD plant or Industrial food Wastewater plant is highly advantageous.
Offer & Leave:
GBP 55k pa (plus other benefits)
- 25 leave days pa
- Permanent (40 hours a week)
- Day shift/on-call
Strong organisational and planning skills
- Ability manage team
- Good general understanding of financial reporting and cost control
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as an integral part of an operations team.
- Methodological approach to problem-solving.
- Fluent in English
- Overall responsibility for the site and legal compliance.
- Oversee all daily operations of the plant ensuring all policies and procedures are correctly followed.
- Develop processes that will maximise stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity at the plant.
- Ensure that all the necessary steps are taken to optimise the plant's performance and product generation.
- Recognise trends and anomalies in production data.
- Report the waste-to-value plant's production and performance figures to the stakeholders.
- Apply problem-solving to provide solutions to mechanical and electrical breakdowns of process equipment.
- Maintain strict health & safety standards.
- Develop and Manage site budget (requirement to perform against the budget, ensuring the site meets the bottom line). Financial forecasting and budgeting for new financial year.
- Manage and guide a team of operators and plant staff.
- Manage and drive the procurement process and build strong relationships with key suppliers.
- Communicate with Head Office Support and keep an open communication channel.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.