|Location: Purley||Salary: vehicle + package|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Brogan McPake|
Site Safety Leader - Highways / Rail
South - This is a field based position covering London and the South (must be happy with travel)
I currently have an exciting opportunity for a Site Safety Leader, with an electrical background within Highways, Rail or similar, a strong understanding of the risks involved with working on the highways and rail and a great working knowledge of behavioural safety.
Your role will be largely site based, supporting and coaching engineers on the ground, ensuring that health and safety best practices are understood and adhered to.
The ideal candidate will have worked on the tools or have hands on experience previously within a highways or rail environment and now in a more H&S focused position, therefore having an all round understanding of the day to day risks and potential safety concerns.
- Coaching and mentoring teams and engineers, ensuring that the Health and Safety plans are understoond and the safety culture is implemented, maintained and improved
- Promote safe working procedures and practices for health and safety on site e.g wearing PPE correctly, following correct protocols, hazard observation techniques, risk and preventative measures, incident reporting
- Carry out incident investigations on site
- Maintain a clear site safety message, hosting regular QHSE meetings with the managers on site
- Strong influencer and negotiator
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels, building trust and strong relationships
- Experience carrying out works on the highways / rail (electrical)
- Excellent health and safety practices understanding and knowledge
- NEBOSH / IOSH (preferred)
- ECS, PTS, CSCS or similar highly desirable
Please send your CV or get in contact ASAP if you have the relevant safety knowledge and engineering background to be considered.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.