|Location: York, North Yorkshire||Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Senior OLE Design Engineer
£50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits +More!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Snr OLE Design Engineer to work for a huge Civil Engineering consultancy. This role will cover an extremely wide variety of nationally important projects both in the UK and overseas.
You will be part of a team responsible for the successful delivery of our design commissions for their major clients including:
Network Rail contractors (in a design and build context) and other agencies such as Train Operators, Councils, Passenger Transport Executives and academic institutions.
Current multidisciplinary projects include:
- Transpennine Route Upgrade
- SNE Lot 1 Framework
- Brents Cross Electric Stabling Sidings
- Midland mainline Key Output 1A OLE works
- Paddington to Old Oak Common Remodelling GRIP Stage 5-8 numerous GRIP Stage 1-4 commissions for Network Rail, TfGM and TfN.
We are looking for a passionate, commercially aware Principal Engineer with sound technical knowledge to be an integral part of our client's Rail OLE team.
An opportunity exists to lead the team for anyone aspiring to take a leadership role as their next step.
Ensuring the successful delivery of technically excellent multidisciplinary rail projects and bids across our UK portfolio, you will be responsible for, and typical activities will include:
- Determining the OLE design requirements from our client brief and be able to make decisions and propose the right design solution.
- Produce the required OLE design to multidisciplinary design teams on large or medium sized projects.
- Checking the OLE designs and calculations within implementation and renewal projects.
- Sharing knowledge, best practice and innovation across our business, providing guidance, training and feedback with other related disciplines and skills, locally and across the UK
- You will have the freedom to work independently, managing your own personal development utilising their in-house and external training opportunities.
- Mentoring more junior employees
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Competent in the production of drawings using CAD (e.g. Bentley MicroStation) software.
- Experience in undertaking site surveys / site visits and reporting on asset condition.
- Experience in the use of design software (e.g. Linear draft or ELF).
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience of Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) or equivalent.
- Experience of construction methods and installation.
- Assisting Bid Managers in preparing competitive tender submission / bids.
- Knowledge of Third Rail and other railway electrification systems.
- Knowledge and experience Traction Supply and Distribution.
- An appropriate HND, university degree or equivalent qualification.
- Ideally, an associate member of the IMEchE or IET and an Incorporated Engineer.
- Chartered member of the IMEchE, IET or similar would be an advantage.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.