|Location: Reading, Berkshire||Salary: £50000 - £70000 per annum + Variable Bonus|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Davies||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Software Development Manager
Software Development Manager needed for a multinational Aerospace organisation based in Reading who are looking to employ an experienced Software Development Manager with an in-depth knowledge of software implementation, test, installation and also an ability to manage a team of engineers.
The successful Business Development Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £50,000 - £70,000 per annum
* 25 day's holidays
* Variable annual bonus based
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
* Cycle scheme
* Life assurance
What the role entails: Software Development Manager, provides support to the Business Development team, capturing customer requirements, software implementation, test, installation at customer site and provision of 24/7 customer support. Leveraging these core products and capabilities, the team develops and supports additional products in both the commercial and defence-based environments.
Some of the main duties of the Software Development Manager will include:
* Manage individual contributing technical talent and be responsible for a small organisation of engineers.
* Responsible for success (technical, cost, schedule, Design to Cost, product integrity etc.) of assigned/allocated tasks and activities.
* Responsible for tactical execution of day to day operations.
* Use advanced principles, theories, and concepts of complex technical subjects to provide direction for employees.
* Assign technical resources to work assignments.
* Approve work scope for assigned portion of overall program.
* Ensure compliance to development processes and standard work requirements.
* Follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Acquire and develop technical resources which contribute to the completion of domain projects. Actively addresses employee performance and development issues.
* Oversee and participate in development of technical bids to ensure success.
* Responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling responsibilities for groups of engineers.
* Responsible for the development and technical coaching of staff.
* Provide guidance to direct reports within the latitude of established departmental policies and objectives
* Responsible for identification and development of group leader and key technologist back-ups.
What you need to be the successful Software Development Manager:
* Degree qualified in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline
* Experience of leading multi-discipline teams comprising, Systems, Software, Test & Support
* Previous experience in line management of engineering personnel
* Have knowledge and interpretation of relevant compliance standards
* Able to coherently develop a clear vision for technical solutions based upon disparate stakeholder input and communicate it in such a way as to achieve maximum buy-in from the team
* Proven technical experience in a range of industry standard Systems and Software development Tools
* Proven ability to perform structured trade studies and decision making
* Experience in developing high quality technical proposals
* Comfortable in interacting with customers at a technical level
* Experience in the use of a variety of software development methodologies (V Model, Agile, Scrum etc.)
* Good understanding of current state Software Technologies (programming languages, databases, operating systems, web applications, multi-threading, clustering etc.)
* Understanding of industry standard Software Test Methods and Standards
* Experience of providing an after-sales customer environment against Service Level Agreements
* Experience of working in a Product Line Management environment
Must be eligible for SC Clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Development Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!