|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £40000 - £47500 per annum|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Must be eligible for SC clearance
£40,000 - £47,500
Software Engineer needed for a leading Engineering organisation based in Portsmouth who are looking to employ an experienced Software Engineer who takes pride in their work.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Software Engineer will include:
Convert requirements into appropriate software design and code, documented in adherence to relevant standards.
* Contribute to architectural decisions to create scalable solutions for business problems.
* Contribute towards identifying suitable software modelling and development tools.
* Provide estimates for work and contribute to the production of metrics to track progress.
* Support software development through the SDLC according to the Software Development Plan.
* Develop software in accordance with requirements and agreed design, with consideration for software quality and future maintenance.
* Ensure code reviews are carried out for the code developed and participate in reviews of other developers' code.
* Produce the required documentation for Software such as User Guides, Design Documents and Coding Standards.
Support other engineering disciplines in capture of requirements and testing of software.
* Produce Configuration Management documentation such as Software Version Description Documents.
* Contribute towards identification of improvements to processes in order to save cost or schedule.
* Support and guide other engineers in applying and delivering product features driven by appropriate development techniques.
* Be active in transferring knowledge to staff using documentation and modelling of design and code, user guides, development guides etc.
What you need to be the successful Software Engineer:
In order to be the successful Software Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Java 7/8 Design and Development.
* Experience with model-based software development and code generation.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.