|Location: Westbury, Wiltshire, England||Salary: £50 - £55 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 23 days ago|
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a range of software engineering tasks across the development life cycle for our training business.
Typical duties will include:
- Assisting with requirements analysis
- Design and development of simulation-based training solutions
- Continuous integration and test activities to support system upgrades and deployments.
- Evaluation of products and development and demonstration of software prototypes
Successful candidates will be expected to work with limited supervision and will be expected to apply their knowledge of computer systems and software engineering best practice in the performance of their duties and be responsible for ensuring software compliance standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development life cycle. They will also be expected to provide input into estimating and planning activities, develop and support innovative technical solutions to satisfy customer mission problems and contribute towards ensuring that project milestones are met.
What the role will entail:
- Experience and demonstrated competence with C++ and either C# or Java
- Experience of developing software within an IDE such as Eclipse or Microsoft Visual Studio
- AR and VR technology experience
- Experience with game development platforms and SDKs (e.g. Unity, Unreal Engine, Havok)
- Experience of software development in Microsoft Windows and Linux environments
- Experience and demonstrated competence with at least one of the following virtualisation technologies: Citrix, VMware
- Experience with middleware technologies including one or more of the following: ActiveMQ, DDS, JBoss
- Experience of using relational databases during development
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of software configuration management tools and procedures
What experience you need to be the successful Software Engineer:
- Experience and demonstrated competence using serious-gaming technologies such as Virtual Battlespace (VBS) including systems administration, scripting, and plug-in development
- Experience of software design using UML
- Experience with database technologies including one or more of the following: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, NoSQL
- Experience of developing software in an agile environment using Scrum or Kanban
- Experience of using and applying design patterns
If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.