|Location: Warminster||Salary: £40 - £60 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Electrical Systems Engineer
I am looking to recruit a Software Engineer (ADA 95). You will be working in a small team of software engineers at our customer site in Warminster and will be responsible for implementing new features and incorporating fixes to the Combined Arms Tactical Trainer (CATT) system. Due to the complexity of the system there will be a high level of coordination with local team members as well as the extended team based in the US.
Some of the main duties of the Software Engineer (ADA 95) will include:
- Following the clients process as defined within the Software Development plan.
- Converting requirements into appropriate software design, documented in adherence to relevant standards.
- Producing code that satisfies the needs of the requirements and design documentation.
- Ensuring code reviews are carried out for the code developed as well as participating in reviews of other developers' code.
- Producing the required documentation for in-house applications including User Guides, Design Documents and Scripting Guides.
- Producing Configuration Management documentation such as Software Version Description Documents.
- Interacting and providing technical assistance with the Software Engineering department to implement new functionality and Change Requests.
- Developing software and relevant user interface presentations in accordance with agreed design with consideration for usability, software quality and future maintenance.
- Executing the appropriate level of unit and development testing in order to reduce the number defects delivered to the test and production environments.
- Providing suitably tested fixes to defects within the sanctioned delivery process.
- Supporting the resolution of problems identified in the Operational System as and when required.
- Working with other project disciplines to ensure an integrated approach and programme costs and schedule targets are achieved.
- Identifying improvements to processes and procedures to save cost and/or schedule.
What experience you need to be the successful Software Engineer (ADA 95):
- Experience and demonstrated competence with the Ada 95 programming language.
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of software development tools and procedures in a commercial software delivery environment
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of software configuration management tools and procedures
- Experience of working within the software development lifecycle, and demonstrable experience in following the associated processes
- Experience of software development in a Unix/Linux environment
Ideally you will tick off some of the following points:
- Experience with one or more of the following: Java, C, C#, UML
- Experience of developing software in an Agile environment using Scrum or Kanban frameworks
- Experience of developing software using PowerAda or NetBeans
- Experience with the design and implementation of a software development environment on a large programme
- Experience of software engineering
- Experience with integration of third party Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software or Free and Open-Source Software (FOSS)
- Experience in the use and application of software design patterns
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Software Engineer (ADA 95) to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.