|Location: Chester||Salary: + Benefits|
|Sector: Oil & Gas||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Adrienne Kettlewell||Job Published: 29 days ago|
- Location: Stone, UK
- Start: November/December
- Salary: £30,000 to £50,000 and is based on an applicant's skills, training, and competence.
Attractive benefits package including:
- 25 annual leave per year plus bank and public holidays
- Option to buy 3 additional days annual leave.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay after 2 years of service.
- Death in Service
- Income protection scheme
- Employer Pensions contribution
- Access to vocational rehabilitation
- Employee assistance programme
- Free eye test and money off glasses
- Long service vouchers and additional holidays
- Wedding vouchers
- Option to join Sports social club for £4 a month which allows you to attend events at reduced cost or for free.
Are you a dynamic and innovative Software Engineer eager to make a meaningful impact on the journey to net zero emissions in the gas industry? Join us in a transformative role that merges your technical expertise with unmatched development opportunities and a clear pathway for advancing your career.
Who are we?
We have innovated within the gas industry since our inception in 1984, we have paved the way, developing technologies and solutions used throughout the UK gas industry still utilised in today's national infrastructure. Our next chapter under new ownership and new challenge is to aid in the gas industries transition and we are looking for passionate capable people to join our team.
What is the role?
As a Software Engineer within our ranks, you will play a pivotal role in reshaping the landscape of the gas sector while advancing your own professional journey.
- Complete lifecycle management of PLC-based control systems, encompassing design, documentation, development, testing, and commissioning.
- Field support responsibilities, involving troubleshooting systems, assisting in the implementation of new control systems, supporting team members with technical issues, and ensuring meticulous maintenance of development and design records aligned with the QA system.
- Tackle intricate technical challenges tied to software deployed on systems while ensuring their alignment with industry standards.
- Contribute to project proposals, estimating costs, and establishing realistic timelines for successful project execution.
- Stay at the forefront of industry trends and emerging technologies, applying them judiciously to amplify project efficiency and efficacy.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers and technicians, nurturing their growth as future sustainability leaders.
- Minimum of HND in Software Engineering, Controls Engineering, or a related field.
- 5 years of hands-on experience in conceiving and implementing software on PLC based systems
- Astute analytical and problem-solving expertise with meticulous attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication aptitude for effective collaboration across teams and for presenting intricate technical insights.
- Agility in adapting to evolving project requisites and performing well under pressure.
Development Opportunities and Career Progression
We are deeply invested in fostering your professional growth
- Tailored developmental plans to elevate your technical competencies and deepen your grasp of industry dynamics.
- Cross-disciplinary training to broaden your perspective across various facets of the gas industry.
- Full support for pursuing pertinent certification and support to pursue further education on sustainability technologies.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.