|Location: Middlesex, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 5 days ago|
Defence / Electronics
Software Engineer needed for one of the world's leading Defence/Electronics organisations based in Middlesex who are looking to employ a Software Developer with an in-depth knowledge of embedded applications using C and/or C++.
The successful Software Engineer will want to work for this company, not just because it's a great opportunity, but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* 25 day's holiday
* Annual bonus
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Private Health Care
* Dental Care
* And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Software Engineer will include:
* Accountable for software development tasks to produce high quality and robust software designs to meet the software requirements, in line with the project schedules.
* Work effectively with other disciplines (e.g. hardware, firmware) during design and integration to produce a working system.
* Implement software in accordance with required coding standards including ensuring that all code is commented to an appropriate level.
* Present proposals clearly and constructively, debate input from others and share knowledge willingly where appropriate.
* Seek input from peers and manager as required; ensure that work has been reviewed to a suitable level; engage in peer review of colleagues work.
* Actively looks for opportunities to improve processes used in the software development; propose changes.
* Follow the defined software development process.
* Liaise with customers and external bodies as and when required.
* Manage security of information as defined in the Security Manual.
What you need to be the successful Software Engineer:
In order to be the successful Software Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Experience with software development for real time embedded applications using C and/or C++.
* Understanding of the use of real time operating systems.
* Experience of full life cycle software development; adhering to strict software design processes.
* Competent in the use of host-based and in-circuit testing and debugging techniques.
* Experience of software implementation with no real time operating system.
* Proficient in scripting languages (e.g. Python).
* Experience of using configuration management tools.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!