|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £55 - £65 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Software Engineer - ADA 95
Contract - 6 Months initial
£55 - £65 per hour INSIDE IR35
Software Engineer needed for a leading multinational defence organisation based in the Portsmouth area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Software Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful Software Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. Experience wise, we desire a candidate who has a strong knowledge of ADA 95 and dealt with specification, design and implementation of complex software solutions.
If you have experience within the defence / military sector that would be a plus!
This role requires candidates to possess or be eligible to obtain SC Clearance.
What the role of the Software Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Software Engineer will include:
- Providing oversight and engagement on the design and development of Airborne Mission Systems, Tactical Mission Systems and ground-based training systems.
- Convert requirements into appropriate software design and code, documented in adherence to relevant standards.
- Assist with architectural decisions to create scalable solutions for business problems.
- Identify suitable software modelling and development tools and techniques.
- Provide estimates for work and contribute to the production of metrics to track progress.
- Ensure software is developed through the SDLC according to the relevant Software Development Plan.
- Develop software in accordance with requirements and agreed design, with consideration for software quality and future maintenance.
- Ensure code reviews are other quality-related activities are carried out by the Software team.
- Produce the required documentation for Software such as User Guides, Design Documents and Coding Standards.
- Ensure collaboration with other engineering disciplines to support requirements capture and testing of software.
- Ensure Configuration Management documentation is produced accurately.
- Work with Operational Excellence staff to identify improvements to processes and other ways of reducing costs.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry techniques and technologies, including those in academia where relevant, in order to assess viability for use.
- Be active in transferring knowledge to staff using documentation and modelling of design and code, user guides, development guides, white board sessions.
- Support Business Development and Programme Management during capture and proposal phases.
- Support the Engineering management in writing processes, disseminating them and ensuring they are used to produce high quality software.
- Act as advisor to management on Software technical research studies and applications.
What experience you need to be the successful Software Engineer:
- Solid skills in Ada 95.
- Ability to work accurately from detailed System Specifications (SS), Sub-System Specifications (SSS) and Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), and to be able to trace requirements coverage.
- Ability to support Airworthiness testing and to resolve issues arising.
- Strong background in software development techniques including e.g. design patterns.
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex technical and logistical problems.
- Ability to proactively set the direction for use of new technologies and associated tools, and to develop roadmaps which have the support of relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to synthesize requirements and strategic imperatives into software solutions that take into account technical, schedule and cost constraints, as well as requirements to optimise software for speed, memory constraints, maintainability etc.
- Ability to proactively transfer knowledge and spread best practice to relevant staff, using a variety of media and communication techniques.
- Ability to interpret current practices and processes and recommend modifications.
- Ability to design metrics for work and to use them to track progress.
- Proven ability to produce innovative, technically compliant and cost effective solutions.
- Real-Time Embedded System
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.