|Location: Southampton, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Software Engineer C++
Software Engineer with a strong background programming in C++, required for my client, one of the UK's largest and most established defence organisation, working at a site in Sothampton that specialises in Security & Surveillance.
In this role as a Software Engineer you will be required to define, architect, design, develop, document and test application and/or embedded software as part of a software engineering team of 2-10 engineers, delivering multiple concurrent research, development and production programmes.
This role is paying a competitive salary which will be discussed on application. SC Clearance will also be required for this role.
Benefits for this position:
- Flexible working
- 5% bonus
- Health & Dental contribution
- Matched pension
- Subsidised gym membership
Key Responsibilities for Software Engineer C++:
- Architect, specify requirements, design, implement and test application software in accordance with the SSS Business Management process to ensure high quality and timely software deliverables.
- Apply object oriented design techniques to enable code re-use and integration with testing frameworks
- Review and understand system design artefacts to enable the derivation of software requirements and architecture that meet the high-level system requirements.
- Design, document, review and maintain the software design using UML modelling tools.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of best practice development processes, language standards and tools.
- Proposes improvements in tools, processes and techniques that support quality and innovation and make the software development more efficient and effective. Interact with customers as required to ensure customer satisfaction.
Qualifications / skills required:
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent industrial experience.
- In-depth knowledge of C++ programming language.
- An understanding of the factors affecting software performance, and the ability to design and write code that is maintainable, extensible and efficient.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS
- Knowledge of Qt cross-platform SDK.
- Knowledge of QML user interface specification and programming language
- Knowledge of Qt Quick library of types and functionality for QML
- Knowledge of video streaming technologies (RTP, MPEG2-TS, H264)
- Knowledge of Linux OS (desktop and embedded)
- Knowledge of Radar system
- Knowledge of Mapping system
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum software development processes
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity for a Software Engineer C++ please press apply now.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.