|Location: Edinburgh||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Space||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sean Tierney|
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative business in the space industry. Gold Group are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to develop the next generation of spacecraft flight software.
As a key member of our R&D team you would be responsible for leading spacecraft flight software development projects for flight missions. The primary implementation language is C, although a working knowledge of Python and/or Java would be useful.
A crucial part of the role is the analysis and generation of software requirements based on mission requirements and operational concepts (ConOps); and the development of suitable test procedures relevant to the target application. For this reason space systems knowledge and/or experience in the space industry could be important.
Essential technical skills
- Strong C skills, ideally demonstrated in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of, or exposure to, space systems in either a commercial or academic context
- Development and debugging of quality code and adherence to best coding practices
- Experience in planning and executing all stages of software engineering, from design to documentation according to a specified development process
- Experience in performing requirements analysis and elicitation based on formal and informal inputs
- Strong understanding of concurrent programming constructs
- Ability to work in a Linux environment using a range of standard development tools
- Enjoys problems solving and balancing the pragmatic and practical with the abstract and elegant
- Works well both independently and in a team as part of a fast-paced technical environment
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, both for internal and external, customer facing, interactions
- Is interested in learning new skills and is open to new ideas and ways of working
Desirable technical skills
- Experience of model-based and/or component-based software engineering
- Experience with a range of development environments, frameworks or libraries
- Use of version control systems such as mercurial, git and SVN
- Experience developing embedded/real time software
- Agile software development
- Software product/quality assurance, especially ECSS-E-ST-40C, DO-178B/C
- Software development and test automation, including continuous integration
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.