|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: £51000 - £61000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Software First Line Manager
What the role entails:
The First Line Engineering Manager primary responsibility will be to provide leadership support, guidance and direction to the Engineering staff assigned.
- To champion Functional Excellence for the SW Function
- To manage your team through Organisational Health Initiatives (OHI), Rotational Assignments, Succession, Retention, Employee Development, Innovative Thinking and Leadership Excellence for the SW function
- To actively lead and deliver Digital Development Environment (DDE) Agile, Automation and Model Based Engineering for the SW function
- To promote the delivery of the Full Spectrum Leadership and Join the Journey across the SW function
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with Peers, Technical Leads and Programme Management for the Programme for which your teams are assigned.
- Participation in technical and business meetings for the Programme for which your teams are assigned.
- Proactive development of staff including appropriate stretch assignments to support career development plans, and performance management actions as needed.
- Ensure the department's adherence to departmental and policies along with active participation in their continued development and maintenance
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of current and future business status to enable effective provision of both resource and capability for your area of responsibility.
- To ensure that the software elements for projects to which your staff are assigned are completed on schedule working collaboratively with other functions following established procedures, schedules, and work plans.
What you need to be the successful Software First Line Manager:
In order to be the successful Software First Line Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Strong software engineering background
- Proven experience as a Team Lead
- Experience in a system development environment with demonstrable success of team leadership and performance management.
- Experience/Awareness of Control Account Management and Basis of Estimates using metrics, including management of risk
- Proven experience as a Functional Line Manager
- Able to utilise analytical and creative ability and proven judgment in balancing conflicting demands, priorities, risks and uncertainties.
- Development and Review of engineering plans/schedules, facilities and cost estimates.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software First Line Manager to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to DV level is required for the Software First Line Manager position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.