|Location: Crawley||Salary: £30000 - £36000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Medical Devices, Engineering, Life Sciences||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Software Support Specialist
£30,000 - £36,000 + bonus & benefits
Software Support Specialist needed for a leading multinational medical devices organisation based in the Crawley area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Software Support Specialist that takes pride in their work.
The successful Software Support Specialist would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification.
It is essential that candidates are fluent in at least one European language in addition to English - German or French as you will be supporting customers in these locations.
The key activities of the role are supporting customers, business units and distributors with their product issues. Product support requests will be submitted to the support team via phone, email or customer portal. It is vital that all product issues are reviewed in a professional and timely manner with the clinical impact of the issue being identified as quickly as possible to determine the case priority.
The individual is expected to be first and foremost a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and dedication to our customers.
Level 1 support specialists are expected to have the appropriate passion and drive to develop their knowledge to enable them to progress to the next level of support specialist.
What the role of the Software Support Specialist entails:
Some of the main duties of the software Support Specialist will include:
- Primary resource for answering phone calls from customers, business units and distributors seeking product support
- Troubleshoot product issues in a live clinical environment
- Prioritize activities to ensure clinical system down problems receive immediate attention
- Document all support activities in line with company policies and procedures
- Resolve and/or escalate cases as required. (spend no more than 30 minutes on an issue before requesting assistance from level 2 or level 3 support specialists)
- Attend internal and external training as required. Demonstrate knowledge and skills obtained from training.
- Visit customer sites (accompanied by senior staff) to investigate and resolve product issues
- Prioritize and managing cases in an efficient and professional manner
- Communicate with customers to understand the problem, localize the origin, and troubleshoot efficiently to bring about swift resolution
- Clearly explain to the customer what steps are necessary to diagnose and resolve the problem so that they are fully aware of the implications and timescales involved
- Escalating and seeking advice and assistance as required in order to ensure all issues are managed to a satisfactory resolution in the fastest possible time
- Ensuring that all interested parties are aware of ongoing or escalating issues, progress being made and any plans that have been put in place
- Ensuring that the customer is fully aware of the implications of any work being undertaken before that work commences.
- Documenting and having that work accepted by the customer before leaving site or closing the case.
- Be flexible to travel at short notice
What experience you need to be the successful Software Support Specialist:
- Knowledge of PC/Network Computing is preferred.
- Experience in medical imaging, linear accelerators and/or clinical use of radiotherapy products is desirable
- Identifying any necessary training requirements and escalating these to management as needed.
- At least one European language in addition to English (mother tongue level) Preferably German or French
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with customers and colleagues
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Flexible and accommodating approach
- Can demonstrate outstanding customer care skills
- Experience in a support environment (desired)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Support Specialist to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.