|Location: Gloucester||Salary: £75000 - £80000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Software System Architect
Full time Permanent
The Software Architect will work with the Chief Engineer, Systems Architect, and ITEA Architect, along with partner organizations and other members of the Engineering team, to support the response to a force protection programme ITN (Invitation to negotiate).
The architect will be responsible for leading the design and documentation of the software development and integration process, including leading and authoring all software development documentation required by the ITN (e.g. Software Development Plan, Software Architecture Plan, Software Release Process, etc.). The architect will also lead the definition of software quality processes and procedures, and the specification of development and integration frameworks and tooling. The nature of the programme means that experience in the development and assurance of safety-critical software will be required.
What the role entails:
- Extensive experience of software design, development, and assurance across the whole software lifecycle, including agile, waterfall, and hybrid methodologies.
- Experience with the design, development, and quality assurance of military safety-critical systems in accordance with DefStan 00-055 and related standards.
- Experience with the development and quality assurance of applications in high / very high cyber risk environments.
- Experience leading the definition and audit of software quality policies and processes
- Experience in integrating in-house and third-party components sourced from a multi-supplier ecosystem within CI/CD frameworks
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
What experience you need to be the successful Software Systems Architect:
- Understanding of the Land CEMA architecture and its core standards, including OpenCPI, Common Services, and GVA.
- Use of software / system modelling toolsets and methodologies, e.g. SPARX Enterprise Architect, UML, SysML, TOGAF.
- Understanding of collaborative toolsets, e.g. JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, Slack, Mural.
- Experience of any of: Radio Frequency technologies, Land Systems integration, the Electronic Warfare, Force Protection, and Cyber domains.
- Understanding of the capture process, including contributing to major bids.
In a nutshell I am looking for someone that will have a lot of interaction with suppliers. Somebody we can trust in front of other suppliers. Assured in what they are doing. At least 4 years experience as an Architect. An understanding of the System as a whole. Industry is not as important. We would like different backgrounds to bring in fresh ideas. Java & C++. Mainly an authority role with little actually development but that could change in time.
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Software Systems Architect position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.