|Location: Woking||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
As a Software Tester you will be working from home during COVID-19, but as things get better then will be based at HQ near Woking (Surrey) with regular home working.
My client is a leading software house based in the Woking area who are recruiting for a Software Tester focussing on the testing of software developments generated by the development teams.
As a software tester you will work with the project co-ordinators to design, produce and run testing plans and automated testing routines for a variety of different software modules.
As a software tester you will be working with teams based both onshore and offshore to ensure successful product delivery.
As a Software Tester you will receive the following benefits:
- 35 hour working week
- Private healthcare scheme, subject to qualifying employment period and scheme eligibility
- Stakeholder pension opportunities, subject to scheme qualification criteria
- 25 days holiday per year
Software Tester Responsibilities:
Manual Testing Requirements
- Strong testing background with an awareness of modern testing techniques throughout the software lifecycle.
- Enjoy working with complex business requirements with an ability to learn and master domain specific concepts.
- Create and execute test plans using own testing expertise, product knowledge and domain expertise.
- Write well-defined and concise bugs, reworks, and test reports/outcomes.
- Have an inquisitive mind and enjoy deconstructing and learning existing modules through exploratory testing.
- A passion for software testing and the merits it brings to a team and product.
- Enjoy and get satisfaction from finding bugs/problems and influencing how they get fixed.
- Execute functional, non-functional, exploratory, smoke and regression tests.
- Recommend improvements to existing software applications through previous experience and own ideas.
- Excellent communication skills, able to liaise confidently with other teams and stakeholders.
- Be pro-active in identifying product, project and testing risks.
Automated Testing Requirements
- Contribute to the expansion, enhancement and development of our existing automation framework.
- Technically minded with the ability to learn new concepts and implement those independently.
Hands on experience or familiarity with the following:
- Selenium web driver
- Eclipse or similar
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.