|Location: West Sussex||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + company benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Client Delivery, Medical Devices||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sophia Broad||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Software Upgrade Specialist - Spanish, German, Italian, or French
Salary: £40,000 plus 5% bonus
Software Upgrade Specialist needed for a leading medical devices organisation based in West Sussex, to provide clinical and technical support for Oncology products. As the Software Upgrade Specialist, you will be responsible for all aspects of test and clinical software upgrades, these include performing the upgrade, supporting the go-live process and being involved during the planning phase.
The successful candidate will hold an in-depth technical knowledge of the product from the hardware on which it runs through to the use of the applications software is essential and it is expected that the individual will be self-motivated enough to maintain and update this knowledge. Ideally the successful candidate will have a relevant degree in Computer Science or another relevant discipline and have a keen interest in being a Software Upgrade Specialist.
Some of the main duties of the Software Upgrade Specialist will include:
- Ensuring that the customer is fully aware of the implications of any upgrade work being undertaken before that work commences.
- Escalate to management any technical issues that are likely to become significant, including potential issues preventing new software rollouts.
- Ensure that at all times, Business Units and distributors are kept updated with progress of any issues being dealt with.
- Prioritizing and managing cases in an efficient and professional manner.
- Performing regular installation work and upgrades at customers sites and remotely as required.
- Being available as required to take calls from customers, engineers and Distributors pertaining an upgrade.
What experience you need to be the successful Software Upgrade Specialist:
- Fluent in Spanish, German, Italian, or French.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Citrix, Cloud, MS servers, Virtualisation, Windows Operating Systems.
- Strong technical skills in the area of PC/Network Computing.
- A knowledge of Health Care is desirable.
- Experience in a support environment is desirable.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.