|Location: Crawley, West Sussex||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alii Thorogood|
Software Upgrade Support - Multilingual
Software Upgrade Support needed for a manufacturing company specialising in healthcare equipment based in Crawley who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Software Upgrade Specialist that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of upgrades, go-live support and windows operating systems.
This role will see you responsible for software upgrades, including being involved in planning, performing the upgrade and supporting the go-live process. This role has up to 30% travel to client site to perform the upgrades. To avoid disruption to the clients and business units, upgrades may occur during unsociable hours and at weekends.
This position will start with training Monday - Friday; however after the training period this work will include Friday Night and weekend working.
- 25 days holiday + public holidays
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Dependants' pension
- Medical Insurance (Voluntary)
- Company Pension (Voluntary)
- Cycle to Work (Voluntary)
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Software Upgrade Support will include:
- Performing regular installation work and upgrades at customers sites and remotely as required.
- Ensuring that the customer is fully aware of the implications of any upgrade work being undertaken before that work commences. Provide and maintain all documentation required to support a software upgrade.
- Being available as required to take calls from customers, engineers and distributors pertaining an upgrade.
- Escalate to management any technical issues that are likely to become significant, including potential issues preventing new software rollouts.
- Ensure that at all times, Business Units and distributors are kept updated with progress of any issues being dealt with.
- Prioritizing and managing cases in an efficient and professional manner.
- Documenting and having work accepted by the customer before leaving site or closing the case.
- Being available to travel at short notice to resolve technical and political issues at customers sites.
What experience you need to be the successful Software Upgrade Support:
- Technical skills in the area of PC/Network Computing
- Knowledge of SQL, Citrix, Windows Operating Systems
- Educated to Degree or diploma in Computer Sciences (or equivalent)
- Fluent in at least 1 other European language (French, German, Italian, Spanish).
- Can demonstrate strong customer care skills.
- Experience in a support environment desirable.
- Knowledge of Health Care desirable
- Follow quality and regulatory and safety policies at all times.
- Behaving in a professional manner at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with customers.
- Ability to Travel 30%.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Flexible and accommodating approach.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Upgrade Support to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.