|Location: Stevenage||Salary: £70 - £90 per hour + INSIDE IR35|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Software Verification & Validation Engineer
You will be responsible for verifying and validating real-time systems application software for the next generation of Missile Systems. This is a technical hands-on role and will involve designing, implementing Test Cases for safety-critical Actuator subsystem software.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Software Verification & Validation Engineer will include:
- Ability to debug complex problems and be able to produce required documentation to achieve the required safety level
- Authoring Test Specifications, Test Planning documentation and other test documents
- Reviewing test results
- Requirements Analysis Experience
- Knowledge of Source Configuration Control Processes (e.g. PVCS, RTC, GIT)
- Very Good attention to detail
- Working with minimal supervision
- Experience of working with a formal requirements capture tool.
- Previous experience of validation, and verification of embedded software written in C
- Significant previous experience of independent validation, and verification of embedded software written in C and developed at a high safety integrity level (SIL4 / DO178C Level A or equivalent)
- Test Specification creation and compliance recording in DOORS
- Working knowledge of C/C++ for testing special builds and focussed code reviews
- Unit Testing using LDRA or CPP Unit or an equivalent testing tool
- Understanding of Code Coverage and techniques/strategies used to cover/justify shortfall
- Working in a lab environment with live equipment (PSUs, Scopes, Logic Analysers etc.) conducting system tests
- D0178 Level A testing knowledge
- Knowledge of Defence standards and Micro-controller technologies
- Testing on Development Cards with a test environment or bare-metal with special builds
- LDRA Test Bed
- LDRA TB Run
- LDRA TB Extreme
- LDRA TB Object Box
- FRAMA-C for static semantic analysis
- Knowledge and use of RTC
- Object Code Verification Experience
- Creation and use of Virtual Machines (VMWare)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Verification & Validation Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
If you are interested in applying for this Software Verification & Validation Engineer position you must eligible for UK security clearance up to SC level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.