|Location: Beckton, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Emma Puddick||Job Published: 15 days ago|
SPG & THP Technical Manager
South East London
Job Summary for the SPG & THP Technical Manager
We have an exciting, brand-new job opportunity for a Technical Manager to work on Europe's biggest sewage treatment works.
The successful candidate will be working on the client's project's worth up to £4m across their sludge outlets.
It'll be your role to deliver significant plant improvements to ensure smooth operations of their SPG (sludge powered generator) and the THP (Thermal Hydrolysis Plant) as well as delivering both planned statutory and maintenance plan outages.
Our client generates around 1.4GWh per week at their THP & SPG plants, contributing approximately £150k of renewable energy to support the business to meet targets. Your role will include being responsible for maintenance on our critical plan and working closely with our Operations team to deal with complex maintenance issues before they arise.
One of the key roles is to ensure programmes are hit on correct dates and times, effectively and efficiently. You will also be in charge of expenditure (ensuring value for money).
The successful SPG & THP Technical Manager will manage a THP Engineer and a SPG Engineer who are working to support delivery of capital programme and ensuring compliance with statutory obligations for both plants.
A Maintenance Team Manager will report directly to you and it'll be your job to ensure you manage them and their team (MEICA Technicians) who undertake planned and reactive maintenance on assets across the two sites.
Key elements of the SPG & THP Technical Manager role:
- To oversee and be responsible for c.£4m of CAPEX funding across our SPG and THP plants, and ensure effective delivery to strict timescales
- Apply commercial acumen to manage our contractors and suppliers to ensure value for money
- Ensure a safety culture is embedded in our technical team of 11 managers, engineers and multi-skills technicians
- Deliver planned statutory and maintenance outages across the sites, working closely with our operations team for effective planning and understanding maintenance need
- To act as a technical lead for complex maintenance solutions and deliver plant improvements and upgrades in the process
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Engineering degree or equivalent technical qualification with professional accreditation
- 3+ years of managing and overseeing capital programmes in engineering industries
- Experience managing a technical team and possess significant MEICA experience, ideally with experience on a similar THP, SPG or energy generation plant
- Strong understanding regards health and safety legislation & statutory obligations of similar plant
- You will have experience managing a capital budget, with good financial management skills and strong commercial acumen, with excellent organisational skills
- Experience managing or working within an operational budget ensuring value for money
- Ideally, your technical knowledge of electrical and mechanical principals will be underpinned by a background in wastewater.
- You will need to be competent in using IT equipment/systems and be able to interpret complex excel spreadsheets.
- You will be required to complete NEBOSH if you do not already have it.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.