|Location: Farnborough, Hampshire, England||Salary: Package|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Client Delivery, Electronics, Defence, Engineering, Technology||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Splunk Engineer
Location: Remote Working
Salary: £+ Package
Key Skills: Splunk, Security, Machine Data, Enterprise Security, Systems Engineering, Administration, Mentoring, Stakeholder Management, Reporting, Redhat, Linux, Network, Infrastructure
An experienced Splunk Engineer is required to play a key role in modernising and automating the monitoring of security, service and machine data using Splunk, Splunk Enterprise Security and Splunk IT Service Intelligence. We are looking for an experienced individual with Splunk Security and Systems Engineering knowledge as well as Administration expertise.
So, what will you be doing as a Splunk Engineer?
- Continual development of the Splunk Platform, Centre of Excellence and Service
- Mentoring and training operational staff to use and support Splunk
- Devising of solution concepts which capture the problem to be solved and/or essential features of the outline solution
- Engaging with customers, other stakeholders, suppliers, and other technical disciplines to help develop an appropriate understanding of the problem and to form the basis of viable solutions
What are we looking for in our next Splunk Engineer?
- Administration of an Enterprise scale distributed Splunk implementation. i.e., Search Head and Indexer Clustering.
- Strong core Splunk skills. Searching, Reporting, Alerting, making dashboards etc.
- Onboarding of a wide range data sources using Splunkbase or custom TA's ensuring CIM compliance.
- Splunk Enterprise Security operation and management. Design and Creation alerts and correlation searches as well as aid security professionals in their development.
- Splunk IT Service Intelligence Administration. Design and Creation of services and their associated KPI, alerts and correlation searches.
- Linux Centos/Redhat for Splunk Administration.
- General IT systems engineering design and implementation. Need to have a decent overall understanding of Enterprise IT systems. Networks, Platforms, Infrastructure.
- Ability to manage and resolve complex issues relating to Splunk capability.
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the Splunk Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Splunk Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.