|Location: Ealing, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Stores Assistant needed for a leading Aerospace organisation based in Brighton who are looking to employ an experienced Stores Assistant with experience working within an Electronics or Mechanical environment
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the will include:
- Manage Customer owned inventory, and audit as required to comply with MOD/Customer requirements and regulations.
- Ensure product and inventory are maintained, packaged and stored in accordance with all security regulations, customer contracts and MOD standards.
- Collate and report KPI's as defined by the Materials
- Liaising with External Customers/internal departments including freight forwarders regarding incoming repairs, dispatch of goods.
- Ensure all targets are met in regards to TAT
- Maintain Security and control of finished goods stores
- Maintain Security and housekeeping of returns to service department (goods-in)
What you need to be the successful Stores Assistant:
In order to be the successful Stores Assistant and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience in electronics and/or mechanical environment
- Excellent planning, communication and organisational skills
- Methodical and problem solver
- Ability to work and be composed under pressure
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate a wide variety of information
- Use own initiative within the scope of the role
- Extensive stores supervisory experience essential
- Ability to problem solve independently, and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills both independently and as a part of a team
- Innovative, Flexible and versatile
- Able to follow instructions and attention to detail
- Demonstrates good attention to detail producing consistently high quality work
- Experience in managing their daily key activities to achieve required timescales
- Experience in liaising with internal and external customers
- Flexible in supporting other functions
- Proactively able to manage their own work in order to achieve company objectives
- Seeks solutions to problems encountered
- Makes timely decisions within the scope of the role
- Microsoft Excel and Word experience required for the role
- Has worked in an Aerospace Organisation
- Knowledge of problem solving tools such as G8D or Six Sigma
- Experience of supervising a team
- IOSH H&S qualification
- Understanding of freight information (i.e. INCO terms)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Stores Assistant to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.