|Salary: £40000 - £46000 per annum
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering
|Contact: Nick Taylor
|Job Published: 28 days ago
Portsmouth - Hybrid 2-3 days onsite
£40,000 - £46,000
Strategic Buyer needed to join an established engineering firm in the Portsmouth area.
Pension contributions (up to 14% total), 25 days holiday + 8 public holidays, free shares, flexible working hours.
What the role of the Strategic Buyer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Strategic Buyer will include:
- Leading all supply chain activities within the Programme, to provide bid support, strategic development, operational performance management, tactical issue resolution, ensuring Project revenue, budget performance and customer satisfaction targets are achieved
- Identifying and leveraging best practice and cross-class ways of working to optimise and streamline working. Resolving cross Maritime Programme supply issues in line with end customer priorities
- Managing the project life-cycle, ensuring Supply chain outputs are met e.g. Management of Bills of Materials for Bid deliverables, Supply Chain Management Plans, Supplier Risk inputs, Phase Reviews, Design/Technical reviews as required by the Platforms
- Being the prime point of contact for all project related contract management and procurement issues and liaise with the Supply Chain Manager for material and subcontracted services to address reported issues
- Developing an approach to manage Supply Chain status, performance, and critical issues management within a shared project and functional management structure
- Ensuring known supply chain risks are understood within the project and mitigation plans are agreed and protect the commercial interests of the company and where necessary captured in either the Project or Supply Chain Risk Registers
- Managing the supply chain project performance, budget and risk and report into the project contract review pack
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders, (customers/suppliers/functional peers) maintaining regular communication and managing expectations
What experience you need to be the successful Strategic Buyer:
- Previous experience working as a supply chain professional, with demonstrable knowledge of supply chain best practices
- Experience of people or project management within a similar environment
- Understanding of the impact and implications of decisions made to business stakeholders and suppliers and the ability to communicate these effectively
- MCIPS or working towards MCIPS
- Marine, Defence, Engineering, or Automotive or manufacturing industry background
To be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Strategic Buyer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.