|Location: East Sussex||Salary: Rate on Application|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 8 days ago|
Stress Engineer needed for a leading defence engineering organisation based in Brighton who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Stress Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree in Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, or Materials Science Engineering.
What the role entails:
What experience you need to be the successful Stress Engineer:
- Must have exposure to finite element analysis using ANSYS in the aerospace industry for structural dynamic analysis of individual parts and multi-body assemblies.
- Experience with Solidworks.
- Must be able to conduct hand calculations based on strength of materials and structural mechanics theory.
- Must have good communication skills to interact with design teams, give presentations and document analysis results in a report.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft office tools (Word, Power Point and Excel)
- Familiar with Mathcad and Matlab
- CAD or analysis (FEA) tools exposure, and/or experience in mechanical design or analysis of electronic systems, structures, mechanisms, for spacecraft, aircraft, robotics, ground vehicle systems, and electromechanical systems.
- Familiarity with transducer instrumentation, data collection and or automation and software programming for numerical analysis.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Stress Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role, applicants must be eligible to undergo and obtain a high level of UK Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.