|Location: Bristol, Bristol, England||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits|
|Sector: Nuclear, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Structural Analaysis Consultant.
Bristol / Gloucester
£45,000 - £50,000 + Bonus and Benefits package.
Our clients Structural Analysis Team delivers high value structural assessment consultancy services to major civil nuclear clients. They work to solve complex problems related to the continued safe operation and longevity of nuclear assets and support the safe defueling and decommissioning of nuclear facilities.
Key technical specialisms within the team include finite element modelling, design code calculations and fracture assessments. A high demand for these services means they are now recruiting a new member of the team.
In this Structural Analysis role you will be involved in the full life-cycle of projects from concept phase and bidding, through project management and delivery, to project close out. You will be engaging directly with clients during all project phases in this role.
- Delivering high quality technical work in the area of structural assessment / structural analysis;
- Providing mentorship to less experience staff on technical items;
- Producing high quality proposals and bids;
- Manging projects to time, cost and quality expectations;
- Building and managing strong client relationships
- To work well in a team setting;
- To be able to explain complex theories in simple terms;
- Commercially astute;
- Be a confident communicator, able to interact with clients, colleagues and stakeholders;
- Be motivated and driven to accept responsibility for delivery to meet time, cost and quality objectives
You should have a degree in a relevant discipline and at least several years of experience working in a related role in industry.
Your experience should also include:
- Technical experience in one or more of the following: complex finite element modelling, cracked body modelling, fracture mechanics, pressure vessel or piping design code assessments, structural steelwork assessments;
- Experience developing scripts using common languages/tools (e.g. Python, MATLAB, VBA) in order to automate simple processes;
- Developing new business, or maintaining key business or key account relationships, in a consultancy or similar environment;
- Working as part of a team and supporting the technical development of other team members;
- Be chartered with a professional institution, or actively working to achieve chartership in the near future.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.