|Location: East Sussex||Salary: Salary On Application|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 9 days ago|
Sub Contract Manager
Permanent - Salary DOE
Sub Contract Manager needed for a leading defence engineering organisation based in Brighton who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Sub Contract Manager that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate would desirably strong interpersonal and communications skills, and an understanding of aerospace/defence design development projects and the engineering lifecycle. If you have experience mentoring and training a team that would be a plus!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Sub Contract Manager will include:
- The Sub Contract Manager will support major business projects to ensure the large sub contract elements are performing in line with project needs.
- Prepares subcontract RFPs and analyses subcontractor responses, Negotiates and finalises subcontract documents including terms and conditions
- Manage complex subcontracts to ensure they comply with Spec / SOW-driven requirements, and other specific procurements as required.
- Represents organisation as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organisations.
- Negotiate modifications to subcontracts, develop positive working relationships, and interface with suppliers via phone, email, or personal visits.
- Confirm and / or expedite material deliveries to support project production dates.
- Lead cross-functional teams to establish or change hardware specifications, quality requirements, and schedules, including Failure Analysis (FA) and determination of root cause and corrective action with suppliers.
- Manage supplier relationships and supplier performance to satisfy project and customer requirements for delivery, sales, orders, and profit.
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Management and administration of sub-contract purchase orders & contracts
- Carry out additional tasks reasonably requested or recognised as important to the safe and effective running of the business.
What experience you need to be the successful Sub Contract Manager:
- Highly organised and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Experience managing supplier relationships and cross functional teams.
- Able to proficiently develop, apply, and analyse the effectiveness of Supply Chain methods to turn materials into products.
- Strong knowledge of procurement lifecycle and supply chain management principals.
- Able to lead groups in problem solving.
- Responsible for mentoring and training other subcontract managers.
- Excellent communications, negotiations, presentation, and documentation skills.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Sub Contract Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role, applicants must be eligible to undergo and obtain a high level of UK Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.