|Location: Crawley||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matt Henocq|
Supplier Development and Quality Team Leader
A strong electro-mechanical engineering and manufacturing background is essential
My client operates 5 different business lines making up the whole group product portfolio. This position reports into the business line and the Head of Procurement for the business line. Supported by a centralized category and business driven procurement function and systems operating across four main direct material countries: situated in UK/Netherlands/Sweden/China, and 3 indirect regions Americas, Europe and China/APAC.
The role has two critical elements
1) To take on direct SDQ responsibilities for key strategic suppliers.
2) Responsibility for effective day-2-day coordination of the SDQ team, i.e. coordinating appropriate distribution of workload between the team members and ensuring key deliverables are planned, scheduled and completed in a timely manner, in order to support the development of the supply base and to deliver parts & products at the best achievable cost and quality. This role requires close coupling and collaboration with other functions and peers in other business lines.
The SDQ TL will act at a first point of escalation for the SDQ Engineers, providing concise status updates to line management and support with reporting requirements to senior stakeholders.
The SDQ-TL will provide inputs into strategy planning and will be prepared to represent the Procurement function in Quality matters where the HoP is unavailable. SDQ-TL will be responsible for the tactical plan to which realises the strategic plan. Specifically, the SDQ-TL will need to be able to manage suppliers quality and growth and ensure that suppliers performance meets the expected standards of our internal and end user customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Supplier Development and Quality team effectively plan, manage and complete quality related activities as dictated by the management team or process requirements. Ensuring that work is balanced.
- The SDQ-TL is expected to be an SME in the principles, tools, processes, standards and business requirements related to SDQ so that the team meet business and functional objectives.
- Define and implement tactical plans for improving supplier quality performance.
- Help identify supply chain risks and develop mitigation plans for business continuity.
- Delegate activities to the team and monitor the workloads of the team to ensure these remain balanced.
- Act as a role model and change agent for Quality excellence.
- Support line management in the recruitment and onboarding of new team members.
- Work across functions to generate awareness and understanding of customers and business needs.
RELEVANT KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A high level of understanding of LEAN, Six Sigma, Value Stream mapping, Value Engineering, RCA, CAPA, DFM, DFA, PFMEA, APQP, FMEA, MSA and PPAP. ISO13485, 9001, 14001 and their application to my clients supply chain.
- People management and people development experience
- A strong electro-mechanical engineering and manufacturing background is essential
- A minimum of HNC in an engineering discipline or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of successful regular use of continuous improvement tools, problem solving techniques
- Proven track record of defining and delivering manufacturing related project objectives including new or updated products
- Demonstrable experience of working with global suppliers
- Demonstrable record of delivering stretching targets and successfully managing concurrent tasks
- Demonstrable evidence of results-oriented behaviour
- Strong interpersonal communication and positive influencing skills, capable of working on own initiative whilst also being an effective team player
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.