|Location: Crawley||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 9 days ago|
Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer needed for a leading Medical Devices company based in Crawley who are looking to employ an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to be a specialist in the tools, processes and management of supplier quality and development processes. Indirectly managing and leading others, driving improvement initiatives spanning multiple areas of the organization and geographical locations.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Supplier Quality Engineer will include:
- Management of supplied material quality issues raised by the factory/installation/supplier and customers through NCR and CLM processes. Working with suppliers to ensure quality problems are effectively Contained and Root Cause analysis conducted using appropriate problem-solving tools, including 8D, 5-Whys, Fishbone and DOE. Ensure effective CAPA is implemented to prevent reoccurrence, including horizontal deployment across other product lines.
- Develop proactive quality plans with suppliers and promote a zero-defect culture that reduces the need for upstream inspection and testing activities.
- Develop positive relationships with internal and external interfaces, including suppliers, strategic buyers, category heads, procurement heads, R&D, manufacturing and service ensuring customer requirements are understood and achieved.
- Plan, conduct and fully document part approvals on new and changed parts to ensure compliance to the drawing specification in accordance with agreed process. Where required, conduct physical part inspections, process audits and document checks at onsite and offsite locations.
- Where appropriate, use Core Quality Tools (APQP, FMEA, MSA and PPAP) to proactively build quality into supplied product quality.
- Conduct approval, surveillance and capability audits of suppliers QMS, parts, processes and documentation to ensure compliance with relevant ISO13485, 9001 Write, issue, negotiate and manage Quality Agreements with suppliers (QAA's)
- Provide quality management and manufacturing engineering support to category strategy and sourcing board initiated projects
- Complete QMS Training and QMS document reviews as required
What you need to be the successful Supplier Quality Engineer:
In order to be the successful Supplier Quality Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Knowledge of ISO13485, 9001, 14001 and their application in the Supply Chain
- Previous experience working with Medical Devices as a Supplier Quality Engineer
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.