|Location: Weymouth||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Paige Brooks||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager needed for a leading defense organisation based in Weymouth who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Supply Chain Manager that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of best practice opportunities and to be able to make it their own and develop a world class supply chain.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant experience with managing a supply chain and ideally someone that has an electronics background.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Supply Chain Manager will include:
- Identify best practice opportunities and implement.
- Build supplier relationships using agreed strategic and ethical methods to ensure a focussed, efficient and dedicated supplier base.
- Manage the MRP and customer delivery processes to ensure timely and accurate performance on all material delivery requirements.
- Work with suppliers to negotiate the most cost effective and business appropriate agreements for the supply of key materials and services which will show continual performance improvements against defined KPI's.
- Analyse and control all aspects of material inventory to minimise stock holding performance on business cash and profit. (Reduce working capital)
- Create and present accurate reports relating to inventory, material spend and commitments and supplier performances.
- Introduce clear and robust KPI's for the monitoring and improving the performance of the procurement team and its processes.
What experience you need to be the successful Supply Chain Manager:
- Ideally experience working in a responsive and agile procurement environment, particularly with Contract Manufacturing / component market experience with a global supplier network.
- Experience of managing full end to end supply chain.
- Knowledge of ERP / MRP systems.
- Proven negotiating skills.
- Experience of working to budgetary and time sensitive targets.
- Experience of managing at a departmental level.
- Setting of clear objectives and monitoring of performance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager to progress their career by taking the supply chain to the next level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.