|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £55000 - £57000 per annum|
|Sector: Defence, Nuclear||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zoe Warrington||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Supply Chain Manager
Permanent Position - Hybrid Working - Flexible working hours.
Salary: £55,000 - £57,000 + 10% - 20% bonus + Career Progression + Benefits
An opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Manager to join an established engineering firm in Portsmouth.
What you'll be doing
As a Supply Chain Manager, your main accountabilities will be as follows:
- Working with the Business Winning Team and Bid Team to understand and capture the commercial, technical, and transverse requirements from customer tenders.
- Defining and delivering Strategic Sourcing strategies.
- Management of a team of Supply Chain Principles in their support of the delivery phases of existing business.
- Providing ongoing development and implementation of procurement strategies to align with business requirements and growth plans.
- You will build strong relationships and work closely with key business stakeholders at all levels to ensure requirements are understood and aligned, providing expert external market insight to the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- The design, development and implementation of sourcing and delivery strategies and plans, working with Corporate Category Management leads where appropriate, to deliver EM focussed solutions. (Define, Analyse, Execute and Manage);
- Working with stakeholders to ensure knowledge and information sharing, especially on requirements capture and strategic outlook i.e., demand management, risk planning, value enablement.
- Representing Supply Chain in all strategic sourcing activities within your assigned area, ensuring a compliant solution in line with Group Supply Chain policy, process and procedures.
- Create an environment for high performing teams and individuals through setting robust and Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely (SMART) objectives within Personal Development Reviews (PDRs), and providing ongoing performance feedback and development planning, creating a coaching, mentoring, and supportive culture.
- Responsible for ensuring your team operates within the governance framework and assurance activities are undertaken.
Who we're looking for in a Supply Chain Manager:
- Good working knowledge of legal and commercial considerations related to subcontracts and framework agreements including the flow-down of Prime Contract terms and Conditions.
- Commercial acumen, financial awareness, risk and opportunity management.
- Good IT skills in Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office products.
- Confident as the decision-making authority for the team as required.
- Excellent negotiation skills developed communication and diplomacy skills to constructively manage and influence stakeholders.
- Good understanding of external environment and relevant market intelligence.
- Ability to collate and analyse data to identify root causes and inform robust business decisions.
- Excellent Supply Chain Management skills (MCIPS)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.