|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Supply Chain Professional
Supply Chain Professional needed for a leading Engineering organisation based in Portsmouth who are looking to employ an experienced Supply Chain Professional who takes pride in their work
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Supply Chain Professional will include:
- Establishing & maintaining accurate forecasts for supplier document deliveries, based on equipment maturity and supplier practicalities, for assigned Procurement Packs
- Acting as Comments Consolidator for support CDRLs (for assigned suppliers and Procurement Packs), liaising with reviewers, suppliers and the engineering teams to achieve on time, quality deliveries
- Continuously improve the processes relating to supplier CDRLs
- Working with the teams and other stakeholders, to recommend or influence make/buy and sourcing solutions
- Identifying suppliers, including running competitions and gaining supplier approval where appropriate
- Flow down of appropriate terms and conditions and develop contract packs.
- Developing a negotiating strategy
- Placing subcontracts, direct to the Maritime Services supply chain or indirectly for the Naval Ships supply chain for both direct and indirect materials and process.
- Reviewing and managing the supplier performance, manage change and maintain relationships.
What you need to be the successful Supply Chain Professional:
In order to be the successful Supply Chain Professional and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Excellent stakeholder management at all levels internally / externally
- Good knowledge of Microsoft (including Excel)
- Experience in Contract Management
- Understanding of defence contracts - desirable
- Experience of SAP, Aviva - desirable
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Supply Chain Professional to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.