|Location: Buckinghamshire, S. E. England, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: William Church|
Supportability Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Buckinghamshire. They're looking to employ an experienced Supportability Engineer who will maximise their customers' capabilities by ensuring our products are supportable and supported at optimum Whole Life Cost.
The successful Supportability Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus
- Contributed pension
- Career progression
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Supportability Engineer will include:
- In coordination with the Project Manager, tailoring the scope and scale of ILS activities to meet the User, Customer, and the company's requirements
- Working collaboratively with designers to improve the reliability, maintainability and usability aspects of designs.
- Developing the optimum support solution for each customer, within the context of a wider product and capability roadmap.
- Building the Whole Life / Through Life Cost Model to inform the overall business case for new product developments in partnership with the Project and Capability Management teams
- Identifying the factors that drive cost throughout the lifecycle of a product and the levers that influence those cost drivers.
- Eliciting and deriving support requirements and proposing verification methods for each requirement.
- Developing supportability cases and conducting analysis to provide progressive assurance of support solutions.
- Performing reliability modelling and undertaking maintainability analysis to optimise support arrangements.
- Assessing the human element of systems, including assessing the potential for human error as a contributor to system failures.
- Assisting with the identification and mitigation of hazards through system hazard analysis.
- Formulating and implementing the obsolescence strategy for a product line.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of processes, policies and procedures.
- Collaborating with our sales & marketing team to implement strategies for growing our support business
What you need to be the successful Supportability Engineer:
In order to be the successful Supportability Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Hold a Bachelor's or higher degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline or have equivalent experience.
- Have experience as a practitioner in at least one of the following areas, with exposure to the others:
- Operational Analysis & Whole Life Cost Modelling - Business Case Analysis, COIEAs, Availability Trade-Off Analysis, etc.
- Reliability & Maintainability - Reliability Prediction, RBDs, FTAs, FMEAs, Robustness Growth, MTAs, Zonal Analysis, FRACAS/DRACAS, etc.
- ILS Requirements Management and Progressive Assurance, including Logistics Demonstrations
- Hold or be cable of achieving Security Clearance (SC) or higher with no caveats.
- Possess a full driving license. This role is office based with occasional travel across sites and to customer and supplier locations.
- Display excellent interpersonal skills with a talent for rapidly building rapport with a broad range of internal and external customers from diverse backgrounds.
- Work to resolve conflict wherever it arises, promoting harmony within the team
- Have a clear focus on the future, with the ability offer long term insights to guide today's designers in producing products that can be supported throughout their lifetime.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Supportability Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.