|Location: Crawley, West Sussex||Salary: £40 - £50 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jack Pleon|
System Integration and Test Engineer
The System level Integration and Test Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of System level for all Military Solutions programmes. The role is to ensure consistency across all Integrated Solutions programmes, with assignments to discrete programme tasks as needed.
The System Integration and Test Engineer will report to the I&T manager and be under the general direction of the Lead.
- Providing and contributing to Test activities to all Intergated Solutions programmes on System level tasking
- Ensuring that Test procedures are developed in line with the system requirements and to the standards required by the processes
- Ensuring that Test documentation is delivered to schedule and available for Test Readiness Reviews (TRR), and consistent across all Integrated Solutions programmes.
- Ensuring that Test execution is completed to cost & schedule
- Liaise with the System level team to ensure maximum efficiency in running test, finding and diagnosing faults
- Investigation of complex system level faults found through test
- Monitoring and progressing fix development & embodiment
- Ensuring processes for fault reporting and investigation complied with
- Producing, collecting and reporting appropriate metrics showing progress
- Using Metrics to guide decisions and for management reporting
What you need to be the successful System Integration and Test Engineer:
- The engineer should be able to function well within a team, interfacing with the Test manager, Integration and Test team lead and team members from the internal test organisation
- The engineer should be familiar with estimating and recording time and resource against planned testing and for co-ordinating test assets.
- Demonstrable test experience across the full test lifecycle. With a track record of delivery in complex, challenging, cutting edge test environments, with specific focus on Software test activity.
- Commitment & teamwork:
- Disciplined, logical and flexible work approach
- Work effectively as part of a team, seeking timely management direction & guidance, peer counsel and team advice, exercising tact and diplomacy, and promoting enthusiasm, innovation and effective, positive inter-personal relationships
- High degree of personal and professional integrity
- Demonstrated understanding of customer needs and in house processes
- Clear, focused and effective verbal and written communications
- Good analytical skills
In addition to the required skills the experience of any of the following would be advantageous:
- Experience of MOD projects.
- ISEB/ISTQB accredited
- Experience of DOORs
- Experience of System Integration and IV&V
- Experience of Jira
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a System Integration and Test Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.