|Location: Havant||Salary: Benefits and WFH Flexibility|
|Sector: Defence, Engineering, Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 16 days ago|
System Safety Engineer
Fareham / Portsmouth / Yeovil + Flexible Home Working.
£40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits Package.
UK Passport holders only due to MOD Security restrictions and need for SC Clearance. You can start the role on a lower level while SC is processed if you don't have it or your clearance has lapsed.
The System Safety Engineer supports the implementation, co-ordination and conduct of programme safety and environmental related activities.
The System Safety Engineer will create Safety Cases, safety arguments and identify and manage hazards in the final products to ensure compliance with legislative and contracted requirements.
The System Safety Engineer will also interact with MoD customers, to help understand and resolve safety issues.
- Develop and maintain Safety Management Plans, including sub-contractor/supplier interfacing elements
- Conduct Safety Assessments such as Preliminary Hazard Analysis, System Hazard Analysis, Sub System Hazard Analysis, Functional safety assessment, Occupational and Operating Hazard Analysis.
- Derive safety requirements, including integrity requirements
- Document System level safety arguments, Safety Cases and Safety Reports
- Review subcontract safety documents.
- Chair Project Safety Committees and supporting Safety Review Meeting and Technical Interface Meetings
- Conduct Zonal and physical safety audits.
- Analysis, assessment & producing reports on Defence Air Service Occurrence Reports (DASORs)
- Demonstrate compliance with legislative requirements
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Defence and commercial safety standards such as Def Stan 00-056, Def-Stan 00-055, Mil Std 882, IEC61508, JSP 430)
- Project Oriented Safety Management System (POSMS)
- Project Oriented Environmental Management System (POEMS)
- Safety Case development using the Adelard Safety Case Editor (ASCE)
- Hazard Management using eCassaadra
- Event Tree and Fault Tree development using Reliability Work Bench
- Environmental legislation and management systems (eg. ISO14001 etc.)
Desirable skills and experience
- Work experience in a military aircraft environment.
- An understanding of the implication of derived safety requirements, including integrity requirements assigned to programmable elements
- Understanding of the Military Aviation Authority Regulatory Articles as they apply to Rotary Aircraft
- Def-Stan 00-970 and 00-972
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.