|Location: Coventry, Coventry, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sophia Broad|
Systems Administrator x 2
Leamington Spa ** Remote & Office based **
Systems Administrator needed for a national rail and infrastructure technology organisation based in the Midlands are looking to employ an experienced Systems Administrator that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge and experience using Microsoft Platform, Domain Controllers, VMware Platform, vSphere, Storage Platform and Hardware (Fujitsu, Cisco, Dell PowerEdge R Series).
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Administrator will include:
- Troubleshooting and problem solving, liaising with vendors and other third parties when necessary.
- Produce guidelines and procedures for installation, maintenance and management of the core infrastructure.
- Ensure security integrity to protect systems from unauthorised use, unplanned
failure and other potential threats.
- Plan and implement infrastructure product migrations and upgrades, identifying improvements and carry out regular reliability tests
- Resolve technical queries regarding system architecture, perform complex
troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Provide system training and knowledge transfer to operational teams
- Support the system documentation including technical architecture, configuration state, product licensing and operational processes and procedures
What experience you need to be the successful Systems Administrator:
- VCP certified
- MSCE / MCSA
- Experience with as many systems as possible, including:
Microsoft Server and client operating systems, Active Directory, VMware vSphere, SCOM, SCCM, End User, MS SQL, Monitoring Tools, Security, GPO, DHCP, DNS, Updates and Patching, NetApp, McAfee Security products or Dell storage solutions.
- A computing or technical degree, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills, able to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and application platforms and operating systems.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for two Systems Administrators to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.