|Location: Havant||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Full time Permanent
The Systems Architect will be taking customer requirements and providing solutions. Although some hands on work will be required, this role will be more of an overseeing role than any actual coding etc. The role will be a mixture of Hardware/Software, so a balanced background would be preferable.
Working closely with the customer and internal stakeholders the Systems Architect will be required to develop and in-depth knowledge into the customer's systems and services and understanding their business needs to make further enhancements to these. The Systems Architect will be responsible for developing these solutions which will include but not be limited to defining derived requirements, interface definitions and assisting with cost estimation, transition to operations and support thereafter.
What experience you need to be the successful Systems Architect:
- Experience of working various engineering methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile and Kanban and understanding the various benefits of the approaches.
- Experience of working on multiple delivery streams concurrently and the ability to balance and priorities workloads.
- Experience with large enterprise information processing systems and their constituent components - Platform Infrastructure, Identity Services, Networks, Databases and Distributed Applications for example.
- Technical confidence in a customer facing role, and an ability to understand how their business needs and requirements align with systems, services and broader service requirements.
- An ability to build a strong technical working relationships, and the ability to collaboratively work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve cost, schedule, or technical issues.
- An ability to capture clear, specific, and testable subsystem requirements, user stories and interface control documents to support the development and acceptance of solutions that integrate with a larger system of systems.
- Good understanding of the engineering lifecycle and of other functional areas such as Software Integration and Test engineering and how they deliver into the overall system design and deployment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to convey complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience:
- Experience with one or more of: Image Processing, Machine Learning, Enterprise Database Platforms, Big Data Processing or Enterprise IT.
- Experience with system modelling toolsets and methodologies, such as - Sparx Enterprise Architect, UML, SysML, TOGAF.
- Experience of using the Atlassian toolset, including Jira, Confluence, Xray.
- Experience and understanding of ITIL, SIAM and IT service management
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplined team across various functions including Software, Integration, Test and Operations Engineering.
The Systems Architect will be taking customer requirements and turning into solutions. Although some hands on work will be required, this role will be more overseeing than any actual coding etc. The role will be a mixture of Hardware/Software, so a balanced background would be preferable.
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Systems Architect position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.