|Location: Yeovil||Salary: £60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 29 days ago|
The Lead Systems and Specialist Engineer acts as the company representative in the Engineering Design Authority (EDA) based in Yeovil. The role supports the IMOS Chief/Deputy Chief Engineers, and provides engineering level of support within the EDA for the initial assessment, management and response to in-service engineering / technical queries, and their reporting throughout the wider organisation. The role also provides technical support to the IMOS Field Service Representatives (FSRs) based at RNAS Culdrose.
In addition, the Lead Systems and Specialist Engineer will be responsible for co-ordinating the IMOS programme safety and environmental related activities, supported by LM System Safety Engineers located in Yeovil.
What experience you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
- Providing engineering technical support to programme partners, the MDT and FSRs
- Review, Analyse, Resolve and Report on Defence Air Service Occurrence Reports (DASORs)
- Conduct joint reviews of DASORs with programme partners and the Merlin Delivery Team
- Prepare and manage Basis of Estimates for engineering and safety activities on IMOS
- Oversee and support the safety programme, including development and maintenance of Safety Management Plans, sub-contractor/supplier interfacing elements, safety assessments (e.g hazard analyses), update of in-service safety artefacts (e.g hazard logs, safety cases, safety reports)
- Act as the local Team Lead for the IMOS Safety Engineers based at Yeovil
- Raise, prepare and manage electronic Change Forms (eCFs).
- Support and/or chair Project Safety Committees, Safety Review Meeting and Technical Interface Meetings
- Report in-service technical and safety related issues and concerns to chief engineers throughout the wider organisation
- Merlin System or Aircraft System Design / Development / Integration / Testing experience, including experience of both hardware and software aspects
- Strong technical foundation in System Engineering principles and practice
- Ability to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Ability to take ownership of technical issues and drive them to closure.
- Ability to take technical ownership for internal and external customer deliverables.
- Ability to scrutinise subcontractor technical submissions and provide constructive feedback.
- Experience of providing technical briefings/presentations to Senior Engineers / Management.
- Experience of developing effective relationships with customers and suppliers both internal and external.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- An interest in developing team leadership skills.
- Knowledge of safety standards and legislation, including
- UK and EU safety related legislation (e.g. Health and Safety at Work Act)
- Def Stan 00-056, Def-Stan 00-055, Mil Std 882, IEC61508, JSP 430)
- Hazard Management
- Event Tree and Fault Tree development
- Understanding of the Military Aviation Authority Regulatory Articles as they apply to Rotary Aircraft, in particular the RA 1200 series
- Understanding Def-Stan 00-970, and its application to Rotary platforms
- Understanding of Def-Stan 00-972
For more information on the role and the rates. Please apply now!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Systems Engineer position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.