|Location: Somerset||Salary: £60000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Beth Currid||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Systems Engineer needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Somerset who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Systems Engineer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of development using Merlin System, or Aircraft System Design / Development / Integration / Testing experience, including experience of both hardware and software aspects.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree - i.e. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline and have a keen interest in System Engineering. If you have experience in implementation of systems and/or safety programmes in a prime contractor/systems integration environment that would be a plus!
- Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the System Engineer will include:
- Providing engineering technical support to programme partners, the MDT and FSRs
- Reviewing, Analysing, Resolving and Reporting on Defence Air Service Occurrence Reports (DASORs)
- Conducting joint reviews of DASORs with programme partners and the Merlin Delivery Team
- Preparing and managing Basis of Estimates for engineering and safety activities on IMOS
What experience you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
- Skills including the use of: Merlin System or Aircraft System Design, Presenting/Briefing to Senior Engineers/Management, knowledge of safety standards and legislation, hazard management, and development of Event Tree and Fault Tree.
- Worked within an Agile team environment
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.