|Location: London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Systems Engineer or Systems Integration Engineer needed for a highly reputable Defence organisation based in North London who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Systems Engineer that takes pride in their work with knowledge of product development, engineering change management, systems engineering and quality systems and their practical application and knowledge of Multi Sensor system design and performance analysis.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineer will include:
- Definition and delivery of Systems solutions for the Security Solutions business
- Technical support to Business development, including generating information to support bids, technical presentations to customers, generation of product specifications and attendance at customer meetings.
- Provide technical design solutions to support proposed system changes and bids ensuring appropriate compliance with customer, business and legislative requirements including safety.
- Adopt a consistent approach to systems engineering activities throughout the design life cycle.
- Take an active involvement in new product design, providing system level input from product definition through to release into production
- Maintain and support legacy/delivered systems including visits to customer sites and installations where necessary.
- Monitor and, where possible, introduce up to date technology into company system designs.
- Travel within the UK and overseas is required, and is considered a frequent feature of this role. This could be required at short notice. It may also involve deployments of up to 4 weeks at a time.
- Any other tasks associated with this role.
- Assist in the development and specification of software features where required to meet system requirements
What experience you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
- Knowledge of product development, engineering change management, systems engineering and quality systems and their practical application.
- Knowledge Multi Sensor system design and performance analysis
- Proven experience of integration and demonstration of equipment and subsequent acceptance by customer / end users
- Proven experience of sensor integration into varied platforms
- Proven technical skills, relating to effective systems engineering, practical application of quality assurance and configuration control, as well as appropriate document generation.
- Proven experience of working on multiple complex engineering programmes for both internal development (PV) and customer projects
- Good Knowledge of the Use of DOORS and Jira in order to track compliance to requirements and ensure accurate traceable completion of projects.
- Good commercial/business awareness.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge Radar, RF devices, Communications systems, Networking or electro-optical camera solutions would be an advantage.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Systems Engineer position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.