|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £49000 - £66000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Systems Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineer with demonstrable knowledge and experience designing and integrating Complex Systems with a significant Software component, experience of systems engineering lifecycle through the life of a large scale systems development programme, ideally in the Command & Control domain, and the experience in the Verification and Validation lifecycle.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineer will include:
The Systems Engineer will underpin the developing business streams. These roles require high calibre and proven individuals with focused skills and experience in order to design, integrate and deliver real systems. The successful applicants will operate at the core of this expanding team driving technical direction and developing junior staff. These are challenging senior roles requiring talented individuals who will be correspondingly rewarded.
The Successful Systems Engineer will have demonstrable experience of delivering and managing Systems Engineering activities within one or more areas relating to Radar Systems, Weapon Systems, Tactical Datalink, RF Data, Military Communications.
The Systems Engineers will own and co-ordinate the Systems Engineering activities across the business area, throughout the Systems Engineering lifecycle, liaising with interfacing functions, Suppliers and Customers, and delivering compliant products on-time and to schedule.
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Demonstrable knowledge and experience designing and integrating Complex Systems with a significant Software component.
Knowledge and experience of Systems Engineering in order to be able to:
- Work with potential suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their product
- Understand the impact of the Subsystems on overall system behavior and performance
- Technically review and challenge suppliers on their products, reports and observed performance.
- Maintain currency on relevant STANAG/Mil-Std updates
- Understand nuances of system limitations and behaviors at system level.
- Undertake technical trade studies
- Derive, Develop and Manage an appropriate set of sub-system requirements and ICD for Subsystems
- Experience of systems engineering lifecycle through the life of a large-scale systems development programme, ideally in the Command & Control domain
- Experience in the Verification and Validation lifecycle
- Development of Verification & Acceptance (V&A) statements
- Knowledge of Comms & RF Network Architectures
- Change proposal assessment and embodiment
- Requirements/Acceptance Management
- Trials Planning
- Ground Based Air Defence Systems
- Battlefield Management C4i Systems
- Battlefield Communications Systems & Networks le
Please note that all applicants moving forward for this position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.