|Location: Worcestershire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Nuclear||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Worcestershire OR Bristol
Systems Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in either Worcestershire OR Bristol who are looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of one or more of the following: radar systems, radio frequency transmission systems, sonar systems and underwater acoustics, electromagnetic measurement systems or underwater and/or littoral environments.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineer will include:
- Collaboration with Resource Management as required to assign relevant technical work tasks to suitably qualified and experienced personnel
- Ensuring a consistent approach to the integration of engineering outputs across all platform tasks
- Ensuring consistency of technical processes, methods and tools for the delivery stream ensuring a coherent integration of engineering activity to meet customer requirements
- Effective capture and analysis of customer requirements
- Coordination of bids and estimates, generation of technical/solution strategies (e.g. Evaluation & Test Strategy), Technical Delivery Plans and work breakdown structures to support project cost plans and bids
- Production of appropriate Technical Assurance plans and ensuring adherence throughout the project lifecycle
- Identification of project technical risks and assisting the Project Manager with the management of them
- Compliance with business processes and ensuring engineering governance is robust and sound.
- Mentoring of other Systems Engineering staff and activities as required
- Promoting consistent use of all systems engineering processes, methods and tools
- Supporting development and retention of a 'world class' capability to provide customers with independent technical advice
- Delivery of integrated engineering output that meets business objectives.
- Selection of technical solutions
- Leadership and management of technical projects
- Coordination of the integrated technical output from the delivery team, including compliance with regulation.
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- A good working knowledge of general Systems Engineering principles
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Ability to generate technical solutions
- Ability to make sound judgements on integrated solutions
- Sound knowledge of technical governance.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
Knowledge of, and experience in one or more of the following areas is beneficial:
- Radar systems - hardware and software elements
- Radio frequency transmission systems
- Sonar systems and underwater acoustics
- Electromagnetic measurement systems
- Underwater and/or littoral environments.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the Systems Engineer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.