|Location: Farnborough||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Systems Engineer - GNSS
Location: Flexible (Malvern, Farnborough, Portsmouth, Lincoln)
Permanent - Salary Dependent on Experience
Systems Engineer needed for a leading defence systems & cyber security organisation who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Systems Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful Systems Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. Experience wise, we desire a candidate who has dealt with specification, design and implementation of complex software solutions.
If you have a background dealing with navigation systems and associated software/electronics that would be a plus!
We have positions available at varying levels from Associate to Principal across a number of sites in the UK where you can be based from.
The core team for this project is based from Malvern, candidates must be prepared to attend the Malvern site every so often.
What the role of the Systems Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineer will include:
- Lead/contribute to all stages in the delivery of customer focused research, development, consultancy and product support activities in the field of resilient Position Navigation and Timing (PNT)
- Provide technical expertise and advice on PNT aspects;
- Interact with and lead Subject Matter Experts working in multidisciplinary teams;
- Communicate ideas with multiple stakeholders and customers, at all levels, technical, non-technical and management;
- Able to identify, capture and drive forward innovative PNT solutions;
- Leading and contributing to projects, work packages and bids;
- Capture & Analysis of customer requirements, interpreting these to define clear road maps;
- System Design, Development & Testing of PNT products;
- Working across a broad spread of technical, project and security domains with the ability to work at both the 'big picture' and technical detail levels.
What experience you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
- Navigation system specification;
- Navigation signal processing;
- Multi-sensor navigation;
- Robust navigation techniques (anti-jam, anti-spoof)
- Real Time Kinematic satellite navigation;
- GNSS security;
- Alternative PNT approaches and techniques;
- Emerging PNT technologies and threats.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.