|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Systems Engineer - Maritime
Salary: Dependent Upon Experience + Package
Key Skills: Systems Engineering, Maritime, Defence, MoD, DOORS, Lifecycle, SME, Bids, Radar, Sonar, Radio, Underwater, Electromagnetic, Stakeholder Management, Naval
An experienced Systems Engineer is required to play a key role working on a number of Royal Navy projects, supporting and developing communication systems and installations from legacy to future technologies through the full engineering lifecycle.
Working from site, this is a truly fantastic opportunity for the right person. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please read on!
So, what will you be doing as a Systems Engineer?
- Provision of technical leadership and management of engineering and technical teams to deliver integrated engineering outputs to contracted time, cost and quality that meet the customer's requirements.
- Analysis and capture of customer requirements, collaboration with resource management, integration of engineering outputs to various platforms, coordination of bids and estimates, generation of technical/solution strategies (e.g. Evaluation & Test Strategy), production of appropriate Technical Assurance plans, identification of project technical risks, ensuring compliance with business process and engineering governance is robust.
- Mentoring of Systems Engineers, promoting consistent use of all systems engineering processes, methods and tools to support the development and retention of a world class capability in order to continually provide customers with expert individual technical advice
What are we looking for in our next Systems Engineer?
- Hold a recognised engineering qualification to at least HNC or Degree level
- Hold technical experience leading multidisciplinary teams in diverse delivery projects across the full engineering lifecycle, demonstrating an expert understanding of Systems Engineering principals and methods.
- Possess excellent team and stakeholder engagement skills
- Have the ability to influence teams and decisions as a recognised leader and SME
- Have experience with generating technical solutions with sound knowledge of technical governance
- Knowledge and experience in one of the following:
- Radar Systems
- Sonar Systems
- Electromagnetic Measurement Systems
- Underwater Environments
- Radio Frequency transmission systems
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Systems Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Systems Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.