|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
Permanent - £45,000 - £50,000
Systems Engineer needed for a leading Maritime organisation based in Portsmouth who are looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineer who will join the Maritime part of the business and play a key role in Integration, verification and Validation
What the role entails:
The main duties of the Systems Engineer will include:
Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Proven experience with the successful design, implementation, integration, test and acceptance of Maritime Navigation, Sensor and Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems
- Customer focussed attitude and ability to manage Customer requirements including their decomposition to derive System and Sub-System Specifications
- Experience in supporting the full range of system design activities including generation of technical documentation and preparation/presentation of technical Design Reviews
- Ability to co-ordinate and support Technical Interchange and Working Group meetings with the Customer, Suppliers and other stakeholders
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter capable of working effectively without day to day supervision under only general direction. Work will be reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise resources and meet set objectives
- Proven inter-personal skills and able to work within a small technical team alongside other functions as part of a wider Project Team
- Experience in supporting Maritime new business opportunities and providing input into the production of proposals and engineering cost/schedule estimates
- Experience of Defence Standards
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.