|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Systems Engineering Manager
Systems Engineering Manager required for one of the UK's largest and most succesful engineering companies, based in High Wycombe.
They are looking for candidates who can provide technical leadership to a team of talented Systems Engineers, ideally with a strong knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle; including design, requirements, integration, test, verification and validation.
This Systems Engineering Manage role represents a great opportunity to manage a team, working on exciting multi-million£ innovate projects.
On offer for this role is a highly competitive salary, as well as the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Early finish Friday
- Matched pension
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5
- Life Assurance cover
- & many more!
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience required for Systems Engineering Manager:
- Hold a relevant Bachelor's or higher degree or have equivalent experience
- Hold or be capable of achieving Security Clearance (SC).
- Have significant experience in most of the following areas, with exposure to the others:
- Team lead/line management
- Requirements elicitation and management
- System architecture and design
- System integration and test
- System acceptance, verification, and validation
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, communicate clearly and concisely as well as execute systems activities on complex projects.
- Line management responsibilities and resource allocation for a direct team of 7 people and a sub-team of 3 people.
- Managing a team within a functional group, its resources, knowledge, skills, processes, procedures and tools to align with the current and future needs of the business.
- Delivering the systems engineering tasks for a project within the allocated budget and timeframe, including generating, understanding, and reviewing user requirements, performing requirement analysis and flow down, developing and documenting system architecture, design, as well as acceptance and verification strategies.
- Developing the team through best practice and engineering excellence.
- Providing input to project schedules through regular and clear progress reports.
- Liaising with Engineering Managers, Capability Managers and other stakeholders to get a good overview of all active projects on site.
- Supporting bids by providing technical solutions, estimates, and plans for System Engineering activities.
- Functional Team Leads also undertake senior Project or Business roles as required (e.g. System Design Authority, Project Engineering Lead etc.).
All applicants for the Systems Engineering Manager position must be eligible for Security Clearance.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please press 'apply now'
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.