|Location: London, Greater London, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Mark Crorkin|
Systems Software Engineer - C, C++ and an expert in one other language such as Python, golang, rust, or Java. Incredible opportunity to join a global software company within a very recognisable brand. Relocation and sponsorship is supported for overseas candidates.
Exceptional benefits and competitive salaries.
About the Team:
You will be working within the System Technology and Engineering team based in London. This team has been committed to the research and engineering development in the primary technology fields, such as operating system, various virtualization technologies (Cloud Native, SDN, NFV), performance optimization of system software and libraries, stability and reliability of large-scale data center, collaborative design of next-generation hardware and software, etc. We actively participate in open-source communities and incorporate cutting-edge technology and innovation into our products.
Something about the Software System Engineer role:
You will be working on the development of operating systems in the user mode and the system level tools. As a Software System Engineer you will have a broad range of technical knowledge and specialise in Linux platform, and software development. You will sit in between the development and operations team and your key focus will be to deliver a first-class platform that our development teams can build upon.
The role will involve working closely within our software development teams to design, develop and deploy a range of complex software solutions hosted on Linux platforms:
- Optimise system level infrastructure, including operating system and its components, infrastructure performance, etc;
- You shall be combining software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems; ensuring that the services for both internally critical and our external systems;
- Improve and optimise the automatic operation and maintenance of system monitoring, software deployment and upgrading;
- Optimise the AIOps of massive servers;
- Great system software and hardware performance analysis and trouble shooting.
Your skills as Software System Engineer:
- Familiar with the operating system and its components, basic knowledge of Linux kernel;
- Be familiar with C or C++, and master at least one of other languages such as Python / golang / rust / Java;
- Familiar with common data structure and algorithm, multithreading programming and multithreading program performance optimization;
- Able to work in teams to complete the design and implementation of large and medium-sized system software, with good code robustness and preliminary experience in code performance optimization;
- Be familiar with at least one of network, storage, memory management, process scheduling, or server hardware architecture
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.