|Location: Crawley, West Sussex, England||Salary: £35000 - £43000 per annum|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Systems Test Engineer needed for a leading multinational medical devices organisation based in the Crawley area. This role is responsible for the creation, maintenance and running of Test cases predominantly at System and Subsystem level to prove that the system meets the design requirement and is safe and effective in its application. You will continually develop and improve test methods, tools and techniques.
Our client is helping clinicians focus where it matters and is looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Systems Test Engineer that takes pride in their work and has proven experience in developing the adequacy of test procedures and the ability to run approved procedures on test products.
The successful Systems Test Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or hold ISTQB Foundation Qualification or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. If you have experience within the field of complex medical devices or associated equipment that would be a significant advantage!
The Systems Test Engineer will be expected to develop their skills in all areas of the relevant subject matter. The role is not solely focused on software testing, the holder of the role should be comfortable in setting up test environments, networking and devising tests to manipulate both the software and the hardware into fault conditions. You will be required to assist in the development and refinement of testable system level requirements.
What the role of the Systems Test Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Test Engineer will include:
* Ensure that all formal test activities are accurately recorded and that the resultant records are filed in the appropriate project file
* Attend the Test Facilities when required and develop a comprehensive understanding of the system (medical device) under test.
* Assist with problem troubleshooting of tests, test equipment, Emulators and System Test Benches.
* Monitor Software Build success and actively identify and resolve issues related to post build test failures.
* Troubleshoot and refine installation procedures for the software under test. Identify and resolve configuration issues with the hardware and installation procedures
* Analysis of automated test results and development of new automated tests
* Produce statistics using HP ALM or Jira to demonstrate the test status of a project.
What experience you need to be the successful Systems Test Engineer:
* Degree in an engineering, physics or applicable technical/scientific discipline
* Experience from a heavily regulated business environment with formal training in medical product safety preferable
* ISTQB Foundation Qualification (or equivalent) desirable
* Risk management policy, principals and processes; medical sector specific knowledge is desirable, including ISO 13485, IEC 60601
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Test Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.