|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
Systems Test Engineer
A Systems Test Engineer needed for a leading aerospace and defence company, who are based in Dorset. My client is known as the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, they help their customers increase the safety and mission capabilities for extreme environments.
They are looking to employ a candidate who is comfortable working as part of the engineering team collating equipment and system level qualification evidence in order to demonstrate compliance to customer requirements. Ideally, the candidate will have experience of requirements management tools (DOORS, CRADLE etc) or equivalent test tools, and experience of development engineering activities and understanding of product lifecycles.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Test Engineer will include:
- Provide technical input to requirements definition and validation.
- Customer and supplier facing responsibilities to discuss and agree qualification strategy and activity.
- Compilation of development and qualification plans including functional, environmental and mechanical aspects.
- Compilation of test procedures and reports.
- Analysis and interpretation of test data.
- Equipment and system evaluation against requirements to produce qualification statements including analysis and comparison of requirements and build standards.
- Input to verification matrices at equipment, sub-system or system level to demonstrate compliance to customers.
- Planning, arranging and attending test activities including control of test hardware, test support equipment, transportation and test cost and schedule.
What you need to be the successful Systems Test Engineer:
In order to be the successful Systems Test Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Engineering HNC with relevant apprenticeship or degree in relevant Engineering degree
- Experience of requirements management tools (DOORS, CRADLE etc) or equivalent test tools would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of environmental standards (RTCA DO160, MIL-STD-810 etc) would be highly desirable.
- Experience of performing environmental and functional testing would be advantageous.
- Experience of development engineering activities and understanding of product lifecycles.
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel for data analysis.
Benefits on offer:
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised restaurant (including a Costa coffee)
- On-line system offering a wide range of competitive flexible benefits including
- a matched pension contribution of up to 12%, private medical and dental insurance,
- Holiday buy and sell options, subsidised local gym memberships and many others
- Share incentive schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted Sports and Social Club membership
- A wide range of internal and external training opportunities
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Test Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Systems Test Engineer role, you need to be eligible for security clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.