|Location: Buckinghamshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Systems Test Manager
Systems Test Manager needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Buckinghamshire. They're looking to employ an experienced Systems Test Manager who will be responsible for the development and commissioning of Test Equipment including the corresponding safety considerations, documentation and maintenance aspects. This will require working closely with Development Project Teams to define Product Test requirements and also ensure Design for Manufacture / Design for Test issues are considered. It will entail working with Manufacturing to integrate Test Equipment into current Production Cells, with a focus on minimizing Production costs and times.
The successful Systems Test Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus
- Contributed pension plan
- Career Progression
- Life assurance
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Test Manager will include:
- Manage the Test Systems Department to achieve delivery of required Test equipment within budget and to Project Timescales.
- Development, construction and procuring of Production Test Equipment in line with the requirements.
- Ensure Test Equipment complies with Company Health and Safety guidelines, this includes organising safety Reviews and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure Test Documentation, User Manuals and Build Records are kept updated.
- Write, approve and issue Test Specifications/ Procedures according to the Company Document Configuration Processes.
- Work with Engineering to help resolve technical issues that may arise during the development of a product.
- Monitor the test times within the product cost: where appropriate, implement improvements to test equipment and processes that result in efficiency improvements.
- Manage and plan the department workload, this includes resourcing and resolving priority conflict issues. Reporting on estimated delivery dates and adherence to costs targets.
- Work with the supplier base delivering to Operations, to assess if they have appropriate test equipment.
- Give accurate estimates of test equipment costs required for the Bid Process.
- Create business cases for investment1n new test equipment.
- Represent Test at Design Reviews and Project Meetings; to ensure all Test and Acceptance activities are identified and designs are optimized in line with OFT considerations.
- Manage direct reports, highlighting any development/ training needs and monitoring 1f targets are being met.
- Manage third part test equipment suppliers.
- Attend Production daily standups, giving status updates on priorities. resources, equipment, documentation and user training.
- Provide Test operator training on product testing and fault finding.
- Take responsibility for in-house Test equipment, ensuring it is fully logged, labelled, calibrated, serviced and safety tested
What you need to be the successful Systems Test Manager:
In order to be the successful Systems Test Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- 5-10 years of experience in a Test Engineering in a Production environment
- Demonstrable experience with Development/ Provision/ Management of Test Facilities, ideally within the Defence
- Experience of Departmental Management, e.g. control departmental budget and conducting employee performance reviews.
- Knowledge of Analogue and Digital electronics, Signal Processing and RF Techniques.
- Knowledge of appropriate programming application's (e.g. LABVIEW) and ATE hardware (GPIB, PXI and USB based hardware) is essential.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Test Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.