|Location: London, England||Salary: negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Mark Crorkin|
Technical Architect - London
Technical Architect required to provide technical leadership to product teams across an established and growing service line.
The specialist will be providing technology strategy and guidance to agile product teams and ensuring architecture and development are conducted in line with standards.
The team consists of Service Owner, Product Managers, Delivery Managers, Developers, User Researchers, Business Analysts, Content Designers, Deputy Directors and is made up of a mixture of Civil Servants and Suppliers.
Supporting and guiding teams in the development of services across the service line. Working closely with the Service Owner and their leadership team. Setting good practices for software development and delivery. Engaging with third-parties on integrations and other matters. Preparing services to go through the GDS Service Standard Assessment. Contributing to and directing growth of a development community. Engaging in wider organisation architecture and security governance transformation in line with digital delivery. Helping with the operational and support model for services. Review and input on resourcing requirements for technical specialists.
- Have experience leading technical teams and delivering user-focused services in a large organisation.
- Demonstrate strong software development and application architecture experience using open source technologies.
- Have experience of Ruby on Rails.
- Be able to adapt quickly to new technologies.
- Demonstrate experience scaling online services.
- Demonstrate awareness of emerging security issues.
- Be able to read and understand solution design documentation.
- Have experience of prioritising work in a fast, user-centric environment.
- Understand agile environments, continual delivery techniques and devops cultures.
- Be able to influence senior management and communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Have experience of working to the GDS Service Standard, Technology Code of Practice and taking services through assessments.
- Understand technical governance and be able to participate in or deliver the assurance of a service.
- Be capable of producing strategy for technology that meets user and business needs (able to create, refine and challenge patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements).
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.